The Sanctuary is in the process of changing its name to Jeremiah House.
Stay tuned for more information.
Jeremiah House (formerly The Sanctuary) is a non-profit organization that educates and rehabilitates Ugandan street children.
Our mission is to aid vulnerable youth through meeting their physical, mental, emotional, social and spiritual needs. Every child deserves to know that they were created for a purpose. Within a sanctuary, we are showing them that they have value and worth by providing them the foundations for their future.
As we continue to maintain steady support, we hope to see healthy and successful turnover and potentially grow into a resource for vulnerable girls in Uganda.
Jeremiah House Provides:
Definition of Sanctuary
A place of refuge or safety.
To see the street children of Uganda transformed and empowered to become agents of social change in their communities.
- We believe that every child is loved by God and created in His image.
- We believe that every child deserves to be safe, healthy and well educated within a caring community.
- We believe that every child should be provided opportunities to develop their creativity and individuality.
- We believe that every child should be equipped with the necessary skills to impact their communities.
- To demonstrate the love of Christ to Uganda’s street children.
- To rescue those children living alone and on the streets full-time.
- To rehabilitate street children so that they can live to their full potential.
- To equip children with vocational training and life skills that will empower them to break cycles of poverty and abuse in their families and communities.
- To incorporate the opinions and suggestions of children into project planning while educating them on their rights as children.
- To initiate and promote advocacy for the children living on the streets of Uganda.